I am accepting new clients for telephone and video sessions.
You are here: Home -> Services I Offer -> Help with Gambling Issues
Help with Gambling Issues
According to the National Council on Compulsive Gambling some 6 million American adults are addicted to gambling. Evidence-based gambling treatment is available.
Signs of a gambling problem include:
- Using income or savings to gamble while letting bills go unpaid
- Repeated, unsuccessful attempts to stop gambling
- Chasing losses
- Losing sleep over thoughts of gambling
- Arguing with friends or family about gambling behavior
- Feeling depressed or suicidal because of gambling losses
Gambling Treatment includes:
- Helping someone decide the pros and cons of continuing or stopping gambling
- Understanding the chain of events that are linked to excessive gambling
- Determining the individual’s “high-risk” situations and how to handle them
- Deciding what behavioral strategies to adopt to avoid problem gambling
- Learning the faulty assumptions people can make about their odds of winning
- Learning to challenge faulty thinking about gambling
- Relapse prevention techniques
If you questions about gambling addiction and whether you or someone you know has a gambling problem, I’d be happy to speak with you. Please give me a call. My telephone number is: 888-933-3539. I'd be happy to speak with you.