You are here: Home -> Fees and Insurance
Fees and Insurance
Fees for Individual Psychotherapy, Consulting and Coaching
My fee is $45 for the first 15 minutes and $40 for every additional 15 minutes. Most individual sessions are 45 minutes in length and cost $125.
Coaching and Consulting Services
My fees for coaching and consulting services are the same as therapy services. Coaching and consulting services are generally not reimbursable through health insurance as they are not considered "medically necessary".
I am "Out-of-Network" for health insurance plans.
I don't bill any insurance companies. I do provide receipts suitable for reimbursement, if your insurance company offers that.
If you have a high deductible plan, I can provide you with receipts to document your expenses with me.
Many plans will reimburse customers who use out-of-network providers.The amount of reimbursement depends on your plan. If your insurance plan does allow out-of-network reimbursement, I can provide you with a receipt (Super Bill or form CMS-1500) containing all the information you will need to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
You can also pay for my services using Health Savings Accounts.
[I am opting out of Medicare and Capitol Blue Cross effective October 1, 2021. I will continue to see current patients that use those insurance plans, but will not be accepting new Medicare or Capitol Blue Cross patients in the meantime.]
Why you should consider paying for sessions yourself
- Paying privately, that is, not wanting insurance to pay for sessions, gives you greater privacy. As a condition of paying for treatment, insurance companies require a mental health diagnosis. The insurance company will retain a record of that diagnosis.
- Psychotherapy, as I practice it, is time-limited, so total costs are relatively low.
- Treatment Works! There are certainly no guarantees, but people who work on their issues almost always feel better and are able to move on with their lives.
- If you have a health savings account (HSA) through your employer or on your own, you can probably be reimbursed for care received from a psychologist without divulging a diagnosis.
- Depending on your tax situation, you may be able to deduct therapy fees.
How to contact me
There are two ways to contact me:
- To schedule a first appointment please click here.
- You may also call me directly, although this risks becoming phone tag. To call me directly please call: 888-933-3539.
I’d be happy to speak with you.