Fees and Insurance
Fees for Consulting, Individual Psychotherapy and Coaching
My fee is $40 for every 15 minutes. Most individual sessions are 60 minutes in length and I offer a discount for payment by check or cash which brings the cost of a one hour session to $120.
Many plans will reimburse customers who use out-of-network providers, including Health Savings Accounts. The amount of reimbursement depends on your plan. If your insurance plan does allow out-of-network reimbursement, I can provide you with a receipt containing all the information you will need to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
I am “in network” with the following insurance plans: Capital Blue Cross and Medicare (for people enrolled in Part B outpatient services. Please make sure you are enrolled in Medicare Part B). This means I can bill these insurance plans for you. (I am in the middle tier with Tricare, which means I am not “in-network”, but also not “out-out-of-network”; for medi-gap Tricare works without problem.) I have also been able to bill some out-of-Pennsylvania Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance plans directly. You will be responsible for the co-pay or deductible at the time of the session. (If you are a customer of one of these insurance plans and would like to use your insurance, I will need to check your eligibility with your insurance company before we start sessions.) For all other insurance plans I am considered “out-of-network” (including Health Maintenance Organizations such as Medicare Advantage plans and Medicaid).
Points to consider:
- Paying privately for psychotherapy affords you greater privacy.
- Psychotherapy, as I practice it, is time-limited, so total costs are relatively low.
- Treatment Works! There are certainly no guarantees, but people who work on their issues almost always feel better and are able to move on with their lives.
- If you have a health savings account through your employer or on your own, you can probably be reimbursed for care received from a psychologist.
- Depending on your tax situation, you may be able to deduct therapy fees.
- Consulting and Coaching are not considered “medically necessary” and so are not reimbursable through insurance.
To contact me, please call: 1-888-933-3539.
I’d be happy to speak with you.