You are here: Home -> Fees and Insurance
Fees and Insurance
Fees for Individual Psychotherapy, Consulting and Coaching
I am “in network” and can bill the following insurance plans directly: Capital Blue Cross and Medicare.
You will be responsible for any co-pay or deductible at the time of the session.
If you are a customer of one of these insurance plans and would like to use your insurance, I will need to check your eligibility with your insurance company before we start sessions. Please note that Medicare is allowing telephone and video sessions during the coronavirus pandemic.
For all other insurance plans I am considered “out-of-network” (including "Medicare Advantage" plans and Medicaid).
Many plans will reimburse customers who use out-of-network providers, including Health Savings Accounts. The amount of reimbursement depends on your plan. If your insurance plan does allow out-of-network reimbursement, I can provide you with a receipt (form CMS1500) containing all the information you will need to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
My fee is $45 for the first 15 minutes and $40 for every additional 15 minutes. Most individual sessions are 60 minutes in length and I offer a discount for payment by check which brings the cost of a one hour session to $125.
Points to consider:
- Paying privately, that is, not wanting insurance to pay for sessions, gives you greater privacy.
- Psychotherapy, as I practice it, is time-limited, so total costs are relatively low.
- Treatment Works! There are certainly no guarantees, but people who work on their issues almost always feel better and are able to move on with their lives.
- If you have a health savings account through your employer or on your own, you can probably be reimbursed for care received from a psychologist.
- Depending on your tax situation, you may be able to deduct therapy fees.
- Consulting and Coaching are not considered “medically necessary” and so are not reimbursable through insurance.
How to contact me
There are two ways to contact me:
- You may go to my client portal and book an appointment.
- You may also call me directly, although this risks becoming phone tag. To call me directly please call: 888-933-3539.
I’d be happy to speak with you.