Michael Feeley, PhD

Licensed Psychologist -- Caring and Compassionate Help with Problems and Goals.

A mask and a jab -- Do it for the Kids.

You are here: Home -> Frequently Asked Questions

How do I Contact You?

Client portal:

Current clients please use the Client Portal or the Android or iPhone/iPad mobile apps to login.


You may call me directly using 888-933-3539. I try and return phone calls within 24 hours Wednesday - Friday. It may take longer when my office is closed.


If you would like to ask a question before you become a client, feel free to use the following address:


If you become a client, we will need to use my client portal secure messaging feature or Protonmail due to privacy concerns. Protonmail is a HIPAA-compliant encrypted email program. I have a business account with them. You can get a FREE account with them. They have iOS and Android mobile apps as well as webmail.


Yes, if you use the secure message feature in my client portal.

No, if you mean regular SMS texts; they are not private. Sorry.


Michael Feeley, PhD
PO Box 244
Haverford, PA 19041-0244


What insurance do you accept?

None. I am "out-of-network" for ALL health insurance plans.

I can provide you with receipts to document your expenses with me, if you have a high deductible plan, for tax purposes, etc.

If your insurance company reimburses for out-of-network providers, I can provide you with a suitable receipt.

Do you provide receipts?


What about the No Surprises Act?

The No Surprises Act is a new law, effective January 1, 2022 that deals with "surprise billing." As a licensed provider I am required to provide your with an explanation and consent form that describes your rights under Federal law and lists my fees. This is in addition to my Practice Brochure which has listed my fees for many years. There are three parts to what I have to provide you: (1) a cover letter, (2) an explanatory form, and (3) a Consent form. You will sign all three forms through my client portal. I have posted the documents on this website.

What do I do if you don't take my insurance, there is no out-of-network benefit with my insurance company and I cannot afford you fee?

Here are some suggestions:

Location, location, location

Where is your office located?

Alas, I no longer have an office. All sessions are done via phone calls or video sessions.

Where do you practice psychology?

I live in Delaware County, Pennsylvania and am licensed to practice psychology in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and only Pennsylvania. You must either live or work in Pennsylvania and be present in Pennsylvania at the time of each of our sessions. One of the odd things about the licensing regulations is that I can be anywhere in the world and have a session with you, but you may not be outside of Pennsylvania during our sessions.

Can I use your services if I live outside Pennsylvania?

Only if you are in Pennsylvania at the time of our sessions.


What forms of payment do you accept?

Check (personal, bank or money order).

Do you accept payment with Venmo, Zelle, QuickBooks, Wave, etc.?

No, sorry. They are not HIPAA-compliant methods of payment and do not protect your privacy.

Do you acept credit cards??

No, sorry

Phone Calls

When do you return phone calls?

That depends.

If you are a client, I will try and return your call the same day or within 24 hours.

If you are not a client, I will return your call during my business hours.

*** If you have an emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. ***

*** Do NOT wait for me to call you back. ***

Client Ages

What age groups do you see?

Adults: 18-65(+).

Do you work with children?

No. Sorry. I am not a child psychologist.

Do you work with "Seniors"?

Yes, but; it's complicated. I am not a geropsychologist and cannot help people with significant cognitive decline. I also do not treat major depression, alcohol and drug problems, grief and loss or managing chronic illness. Sessions are held via video and phone only. Clients need to be able to use a smartphone or tablet or computer well enough to complete forms online and use the camera. Please see my list of Services I offer.


Please read my Privacy page to learn how I protect your privacy and confidentiality.


What are your regular days/times for appointments?

What if you don't have time slots available when I need them?

That is a problem. If my availability and yours do not overlap, then we cannot meet. Sorry.

I'd be happy to suggest other therapists to call or provider directories to search, but in the end, I cannot guarantee they would have openings.

Can I schedule a face-to-face session?

No, sorry. I only conduct sessions via video or telephone.

How do I get to your client portal

Current clients please use the Client Portal or the Android or iPhone/iPad mobile apps to login.

What video service do you use?

I use the HIPAA-compliant video service offered by the electronic health record company I use, PracticeBetter.io. You access the video service through my client portal or through one of the mobile apps. I also have backup HIPAA-compliant video services available if there is a problem. We can also use the telephone.

Types of Issues I can Help with

Can you Manage my Medications?

No. I am not a medical doctor (physician). I cannot prescribe medications. Since I am not a medical doctor and cannot prescribe medications, I cannot manage your medications.

Can you help me with issue X?

That depends. I am ethically obligated to help people ONLY with problems I feel qualified to help with. Depending on my training, the supervision I have received and how much practice I have had with a particular issue, I may or may not be able to help with a specific problem. (So, for example, I am not qualified to help people with Bipolar Disorder or Eating Disorders.) Please see my Services I Offer page to see a list of some of the issues I help people with.

What if you can't help me with my issue(s)?

If I know of a practitioner who is an expert in your issue, I will give you their information. I would also suggest you call your insurance company and ask for referrals. In addition, there are provider directories online that you can search for the provider's location and the issues they are comfortable dealing with.

How to schedule an appointment

Appointment scheduling is done through my client portal.


Mike Feeley